Areas of Advice

  • No categories

The Advice Archive

Changing NHS Medical Card

Changing Your NHS Medical Entitlement Card

Upon changing your legal name and gender you should write to your local Family Practitioner Committee. You should be able to obtain the address from your GP.

You should request a new Medical Card and include your GP/Psychiatrist letter as well as a copy of your Statutory Declaration or Deed Poll. Also include your old NHS Medical Card if you still have it.

What Will My New Card Look Like?

Your new NHS Medical Card will have a completely new number on it. The last 3 digits will remain the same as these are the ID suffix.

Your new NHS Number will also have a special A or Z prefix. This denotes that an alteration or variation in unspecified status has occurred.